Sunday 27 December 2009

Another good year


So here is my favourite films of 2009 with a few reasons why.

YES they are in order.















Number 1.

It's a been a while since I've watched a such a beautifully filmed Horror film. By example, vampire movies tend to be beautifully shot but Let the right one in, love it.

I love that at the end they tap small kiss through the wall in morse code.

Also the use of Secret Service "Flash in the Night" whilst Oskar is in the pool training.




Number 2.

I'm a sucker for Barcelona, one of my favourite places in the world. The colour in this film is amazing, so sun soaked, just like my memories of the city.

I love the idea of Scarlett Johnasson but sadly with the exception of lost in translation and the teenagers so called track i find herover self indulged as an actress. This is why she is perfect for the role (Allen wrote the character with her in mind) and why Cruz and Hall out shine her























Number 3.

The soundtrack alone is enough to love this film. Please, Please, Please has been a much loved song of mine since Pretty in Pink.

I love that he has a special place.

Although not much of a change from hollywood it is refreshing to see the man being let down by the woman rather than vice versa. The only down side is it makes Deschanel's character isn't the nicest, well she's a bitch to be honest, but she is forgiven.

Prehaps what perplexes me the most about this was that the original teaser trailer was so much better then the full length one they ran with.























Number 4




No comments:

Post a Comment