Tuesday 3 April 2012

I wished I'd picked you up




On Sunday I went to Pick Me Up, a contemporary art fair. It's the third year I've gone to the annual fair and as always, I feel in love with several of the pieces and couldn't see the point of some them. Above is an example of mine and a friends amazing collaging. Material courtesy of artists in residence the Peepshow collective and National Geographic. Imagination, cutting skills and facts courtesy of ourselves.

Niki Pilkington was hands down my favourite with these two pieces. We all ummmed and arrred over whether to get a print and all decided not to. I had my sights on Small town girl, big town dreams. I wish I had got it now.



I've been looking for another couple of prints to go with my Amanada Mocci one and think one of Pilkington's could work. I'm tempted by the one below titled We Would All Be Kings, however, I think the Welsh puts me off a little.





No comments:

Post a Comment